Static electricity is a frequent source of ignition. An electrostatic charge can be generated while handling conductive liquids or powders. Static charge can lead to the electrical charging of conductive objects such as barrels, filling pipes, tanker trucks, FIBCs (Big Bags) etc. Static Sparks can be prevented by discharging to proper earthing the objects.
Vehicle Intelligent Earthing confirmation System
(Integrated system of ECR-Plus & ECR-2)
Name itself indicates that it is an intelligent system for tanker truck application. Here our Earthing Confirmation System confirms connection of earthing to an Object (Tanker Truck) and also checks earthing loop between earth and tanker during loading and unloading of tanker trucks. Earthing confirmation system operates in stages, first, it checks whether the earthing, guarantees a quick and safe dissipation of electrostatic charge to the earth. Then it dissipates the static residual charge from the tanker to earth, then after it checks, identification of tanker to be earth. Now in any given condition, loss of connection of clamps, or loosening of clamps, damage to conductors happens, the earthing confirmation system will stop the process of loading / unloading with complete command over pump for interlocking without any human interference.
Salient Features of ECR-Plus :
- Constant monitoring of earth loop between earth and tanker truck
- Human error Ruled out by tanker verification
- Interlocking of pump
- Intrinsically Safe Relay
- ATEX CERTIFIED
- CE CERTIFIED
Note : ECR-Plus is also available without tanker identification function (As model ECR-1) for reactor vessels (process equipments) earthing confirmation purpose. Also can be used for Tanker loading/unloading if identification is not required.
ECR-Plus system Includes :
- FLP/WP Enclosure of Aluminium Alloy
- Red Indicated Lamp – red light glows during earth open condition, vehicle not identified, not proper earthing.
- Green Indication Lamp – green light glows in healthy condition allowing pump to operate loading/unloading
- One or Two Nos. Stainless Steel Earthing clamp with / without tungsten carbide teeth
- Earthing Clamp holder
- Two change over potential free relay
- Power Supply : 230VAC OR 110VAC – 10% + 15%, 45-65Hz., (Optional 24 VAC)
- Inputs : (1) True or Verified Earth at loading / unloading Area (2) Probe from Tanker
- Range : (Intrinsically Safe) Earth Loop Resistance 0 to 10 adjustable through external display console at factory on demand.
- Permissible Circuit values Ignition Protection class : IIC (1)G [Ex ia Ga] IIB/IIC, IIC (1)G [Ex ib Ga] IIB/IIC
- Cable Entries : Four at bottom of enclosure.
- Relay output Rating : Two change over 250 V/ 5A (Resistive Load)
- Weight : Approx. 6.5 Kg. (without Clamp)
- Ambient Temperature Max. 55C
- Cable type : Two single core or two core single cable of 5 mtr. (Option in straight and spiral)
- Clamp design : SS 304 crocodile type / tungsten carbide (optional)
General FLP Enclosure Certification :
- Type of Protection : CIMFR / CCOE for Intrinsic Safety (Ex-i)
- Flame proof (Explosion proof) Ex-d,
- Area Classification : Zone 1 & 2,
- Gas Groups : IIA/IIB, T6
- IP Protection : IP 65 / IP 66
- Apparatus standard : For Ex-d – IS 2148 / 1981 (Re-certification based on IEC 60079 series is under process)
- Material : Cast Aluminium Alloy LM-6